About this Program
The Community Seniors Program hosts a number of workshop series that address the specific needs of the senior population. These workshops take place at various locations, often are free of charge and provide the opportunity for seniors to share their strengths, build capacity, and develop much needed coping skills required for Healthy Living.
We promote healthy lifestyles and ensure the workshops are interactive, informative, fun and provide opportunities for social interaction. Please make sure to visit the Active Living Centre calendar for more programs happening for seniors.
Some of the workshops we offer:
- Nordic Pole Walking outdoors
- Senior’s Month events in June
- International Women’s Day in March
- International Day of the Senior in October
- Caregiver Appreciation events
- Special community projects with seniors
Health Promotion Specialists
Various other locations in Scarborough